Former Air Traffic controller
Wayne Boggs' love of aviation began at a a young age. His mother served as a Women's Auxiliary Servic Pilot (WASP) during WWII. Her profession had a profound effect on his devotion to aviation. Wayne restored and currently flies the same type of plane, a 1942 Fairchild PT-19 his mother used to instruct other pilots at the Embry Riddle.
• Owns a 1942 PT-19 World War II aircraft
• Private pilot with more than 3000 hours
Wayne worked as an air traffic controller at Chicago O'Hare Terminal Radar Approach Control (C90), taught at the FAA Academy (FAAAC) and served as the Chief of Staff for the Air Traffic Systems Requirements Directorate in Washington, D.C.
• Chief of Staff for a major directorate within the FAA
• Has been an expert witness on two occasions: Once for the Experimental Aircraft Aircraft Association in Oshkosh, WI and once for the annual Sun n' Fun Fly-In in Lakeland, FL
• In 1996, Wayne designed the program and managed the FAA team that was responsible for air security at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia
• Wayne served 15 years as FAA Air Traffic Manager for Sun n' Fun International Fly-In and Expo, located in Lakeland, FL
• Wayne is now Director of Operations, Safety and Security for Sun n' Fun International Fly-in and Expo, located in Lakeland, FL
• Wayne served the last six years with the FAA, as Manager for Temporary Towers and Special Events for the Southeast United States
• Wayne has been a volunteer at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, WI for 25 years, serving with the Warbirds and Air Operations
• On the Board of Directors for Warbirds of America
• On the Board of Directors for the ICAS Foundation and has been an ICAS member for 13 years, serving in any capacity he is able
For over 20 years, Wayne has performed Air Boss duties and is currently the man in charge for several big air shows in 2013.
• Has been an Air Boss for over twenty years
• Owner of Air Boss & Consulting International Inc. for 12 years
• Is the Air Boss and assists in the production and execution of approximately 18-25 airshows per year
• Recognized as one of the top Air Bosses in the county
• Teaches advanced air boss courses for the International Council of Airshows
• Teaches the Air Boss Academy which is sponsored each year by ICAS
• Was the Air Boss for the "Gathering of Mustangs" in 2007
• Was the FAA and EAA Air Boss for the Centennial of Flight 2003 at Kitty Hawk, NC
• On the Board of Directors and is the Air Boss for the Warbirds of America at Oshkosh, WI
• Air Bossed the "Tall Ships 1812" during 2012 and Sun n’ Fun International Fly-in and Expo
• Was the Air Boss for the US NAVY Celebration of The War of 1812 (tall ships) that was held in numerous cities in 2012.